NOTICE OF ELECTION RESULTS
Download PDF: RUSU Notice of Election Results
RMIT University Student Union (RUSU) - Annual Election 2023
TEAM & CANDIDATE STATEMENTS
Download PDF: RUSU Elections Booklet 2023
Open Folder: View Team & Candidate Videos 2023
RUSU Notice of Nominations Received
Download PDF: RUSU Notice of Nominations Received
NOTICE OF TRANSITIONAL CLAUSE AND REFERENDUM:
Additional Indigenous Officer for RUSU
Download PDF: RUSU Notice of Transitional Clause and Referendum
NOTICE OF ELECTION
Download PDF: RUSU Notice of Election 2023
In accordance with the RMIT University Student Union (RUSU) Constitution and RUSU Electoral Regulations, at 9:00am on Thursday 10 August 2023 nominations will open for the following positions:
RMIT Student Union Council:
- General Secretary
- Education Officer
- Welfare Officer
- International Officer* (who must be an international student)
- Postgraduate Officer* (who must be a postgraduate student)
- Women’s Officer* (who shall identify and live as a woman)
- Queer Officer* (which can be held by up to two eligible students running on a joint ticket, each who identify with different genders)
- Indigenous Officer* (an eligible student who is of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent, who identifies as such, and who is accepted as such by the community in which they live or formerly lived with eligibility to be determined through the Ngarara Willim Centre) Please see the Notice of Indigenous Officer Referendum for more information about changes to this position.
- Disabilities and Carers Officer* (an eligible student who shall identify as a person with a disability and/or must have long-term caring responsibilities for another person)
- Activities Officer
- Sustainability Officer
- Clubs & Societies Officer* (an eligible student who shall be or has been an office bearer of a Student Union affiliated club or society)
- Vocational Education Officer* (a student enrolled in any Vocational Education programs or course)
- Brunswick Coordinator* (a student enrolled in programs at the Brunswick campus)
- Bundoora Coordinator* (student enrolled in programs at the Bundoora campus)
- City Coordinator* (student enrolled in programs at the City Campus)
- Brunswick Representative* (student enrolled in programs at the Brunswick campus)
- Bundoora East Representative* (student enrolled in programs at the Bundoora campus)
- Bundoora West Representative* (student enrolled in programs at the Bundoora campus)
- City Representative* (student enrolled in programs at the City campus)
- Seven  General Representatives (including 2 alternate representatives)
- NUS Delegates – Seven  positions
- Catalyst Editor(s)
*Please see the eligibility to stand criteria as listed in section 4.1 of the RUSU Constitution and referenced above.
Nominations close 4:00pm on Wednesday 16 August 2023.
How to Nominate
Nominations must be made on the official Nomination Form available from 9:00am Thursday 10 August on the RUSU website. Nominations must be lodged no later than 4:00pm Wednesday 16 August 2023.
Nominations should be submitted via this google form. Nominations can also be submitted in scanned soft-copy electronic format to email@example.com before 4:00pm Wednesday 16 August 2023. Please note nomination forms submitted via soft copy will take longer to be processed.
Please note: no physical copies of nomination forms will be accepted. You must complete a separate nomination form for each position for which you are nominating.
Nominee Student Cards
Nominees must submit a scanned copy/photo of their current student card with their nomination form.
Photographs and Statements
Nominees may submit a policy statement and a photograph of themselves for publication.
Policy statements and photographs are to be submitted via Microsoft Word document only and forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org by the close of nominations (4:00pm Wednesday 16 August 2023).
For the election, policy statements must not exceed:
- 400 words for teams
- 200 words for all positions
Short Digital video clips may also be submitted and must not exceed:
- 3 minutes for a team
- 90 seconds for individual candidates
Election Regulations and Constitution
The rules governing the elections are set out in the RUSU Constitution and RUSU Regulations. These documents are available on the RUSU website.
Application to Register Name of Electoral Teams
Applications for the registration of an electoral team must be submitted by email by 4:00pm on Monday 14 August 2023.
Team names and requirements shall be in accordance with RUSU Regulations. A proforma for the registration of a team name will be available from Thursday 10 August 2023 for download from the RUSU website.
Polling will be conducted from 9:00am Monday 4 September until 1:00pm Friday 8 September 2023 via a link sent to eligible students’ RMIT email addresses.
0417 613 866
4 August 2023
Notice of Team Registrations
Download Word Doc: Nomination Form
Google Forms: Nomination Form
Download PDF: RUSU Election Regulations 2023
Download Word Doc: Team Registration Form
Download PDF: Campaigners Registration
Team Preference Form
Download Word Doc: Team Preference Form 2023