This page contains info about and links to a range of event, financial and legal management resources specifically for RUSU Clubs. Some of the information may assist other student event planners at RMIT.
Please be advised that any RUSU resources referred to other than access to the RUSU Room Bookings are for RUSU Clubs ONLY.
Some information is also sent directly or only available to RUSU club leaders.
RUSU Club Grants 2020
2020 RUSU Clubs Grants detail is provided to all club leaders.
2020 Annual Admin Grant (AAG)
Please submit your membership data for 2020 Annual Admin Grants via this link.
OR scan your membership data to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Typed up lists are not accepted - need google form spreadsheets etc, copies of paper signs ups, sign ups through RUSU website etc.
- Minimum membership details required = student numbers, names and date joined/re-joined for all RMITmembers
- Please note that each club must have at least 20 x 2020 enrolled RMIT student members and this must include the club's elected 2020 Board of Management.
- Upgrades of club sizes for 2020 grants purposes must be submitted to RUSU clubs by the end of Semester 1 2020
2020 Annual Program Reimbursements (APR)
Please submit your completed APR forms and associated documentation via email to email@example.com
The pdf -fillable 2020 APR form is here: 2020 RUSU Clubs Annual Progran Reimbursement Form
- In addition to the completed APR form, you need to supply (for each event you are claiming APR for) the record of your Executive aproving the spending (minutes of club execeuitve meeting/s/email comms etc), proof of event (poster, Facebook event page/photos etc) and proof of payments (receipts, online payment transfers to suppliers etc).
- Please scan your APR docs to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you have lost receipts or only received an invoice and have no proof you paid cash, you can submit a completed Statutory Declaration (Stat Dec) explaining what you purchased, what for (the event name and date) how much it cost and the fact that you have misplaced the proof of payments. Make sure you also include your club name and your role in the club. Statutory Declarations are legal documents that must be signed by an authorised witness - for a blank copy and instructions about Stat Decs click here.
2020 Special Program and Event Grants (SPEGs)
SPEGs are competitive grants available to returning fully re-affiliated RUSU clubs (this includes provision of the minimum 20 x 2020 RMIT student membership data for calendar year clubs).
Newly affiliated or newly returned lapsed clubs may apply in conjunction with an older club for combined club activities.
SPEGS are available despite the current COVID-19 situation. However, some extra conditions apply - please see the form for more detail. They are available for online/remote events & activities. Contact us for advice.
General conditions around SPEG Include:
- SPEGS are not available to clubs which received SPEG in 2019 but did not submit their SPEG Acquittal Report.
- SPEGS must be submitted at least 4 weeks before the event/activity you want SPEG for.
- Not every club that applies for a SPEG is awarded the grant.
- Not every club that is awarded a SPEG receives the amount they asked for.
- SPEG funds are not paid to a club except as a reimbursement in certain situations - RUSU pays SPEG money directly to the event supplier (venue, caterer, sound technician etc).
SPEG applications require:
- A copy of the Clubs Board of Management/Executive approved full budget for the event/activity including estimated profit/loss and;
- Copy of proof of Club's current bank balance and;
- Quotes from suppliers or other evidence of likely prices of the goods/services the SPEG would be used for and;
Download 2020 SPEG form
2020 Re-affiliations and New Clubs
New club enquiries - please refer to our Start a Club page at start a club.
Re-affiliations (returning clubs):
- 2019 Clubs that did not contact us about 2020 re-affiliation by the December 6 deadline are now considered lapsed and may be required to re-apply as if were a new club.
- 2019 Clubs that contacted us by the December 6 deadlinebut were unable to finalised due to Covid19 are asked to contact us to discuss their options.
For further info, email us at email@example.com
RUSU Room Bookings
- Due to COVID-19, RUSU Spaces are not available until further notice.
- For university managed spaces, see the info sheets below.
RUSU Clubs Equipment Bookings
Due to COVID-19, RUSU Equipment is not available until further notice
Resource Info Sheets, Forms & Templates