RUSU Annual Election Notice of Results 2022
Download PDF: RUSU Notice of Results 2022
RUSU Elections Count Sheet 2022
Download PDF: RUSU Elections Count Sheet 2022
RUSU Annual Election Booklet
This booklet includes; polling booth times and locations; "how to vote" instructions; team policies and candidate statements.
Download PDF: Annual Election Booklet
2022 List of Nominations Received and Declaration of Positions elected unopposed
(In Ballot Order)
Download PDF: Nominations Received and Declaration of Positions Elected Unopposed
2022 RUSU Election Regulations
Download PDF: RUSU Election Regulations 2022
Download PDF: Campaigners Register
Teams Registration Form
Download Word Doc: Teams Registration Form
RMIT University Student Union (RUSU) - Annual Election 2022
NOTICE OF ELECTION
Download PDF: RUSU Notice of Election 2022
In accordance with the RMIT University Student Union (RUSU) Constitution and RUSU Electoral Regulations, at 9:00am on Wednesday 10 August 2022 nominations will open for the following positions:
RMIT Student Union Council:
- General Secretary
- Education Officer
- Welfare Officer
- International Officer* (who must be an international student)
- Postgraduate Officer* (who must be a postgraduate student)
- Women’s Officer* (who shall identify and live as a woman)
- Queer Officer* (which can be held by up to two eligible students running on a joint ticket, each who identify with different genders)
- Indigenous Officer* (an eligible student who is of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent, who identifies as such, and who is accepted as such by the community in which they live or formerly lived with eligibility to be determined through the Ngarara Willim Centre)
- Disabilities and Carers Officer* (an eligible student who shall identify as a person with a disability and/or must have long-term caring responsibilities for another person)
- Activities Officer
- Sustainability Officer
- Clubs & Societies Officer* (an eligible student who shall be or has been an office bearer of a Student Union affiliated club or society)
- Vocational Education Officer* (a student enrolled in any Vocational Education programs or course)
- Brunswick Coordinator* (a student enrolled in programs at the Brunswick campus)
- Bundoora Coordinator* (student enrolled in programs at the Bundoora campus)
- City Coordinator* (student enrolled in programs at the City Campus)
- Brunswick Representative* (student enrolled in programs at the Brunswick campus)
- Bundoora East Representative* (student enrolled in programs at the Bundoora campus)
- Bundoora West Representative* (student enrolled in programs at the Bundoora campus)
- City Representative* (student enrolled in programs at the City campus)
- Seven  General Representatives (including 2 alternate representatives)
- NUS Delegates – Seven  positions
- Catalyst Editor(s)
*Please see the eligibility to stand criteria as listed in section 4.1 of the RUSU Constitution and referenced above.
Nominations close 4:00pm on Tuesday 16 August 2022.
How to Nominate
Nominations must be made on the official Nomination Forms available from 9:00am Wednesday 10 August on the RUSU website. Nominations must be lodged no later than 4:00pm Tuesday 16 August 2022.
Nominations should be submitted via this google form. Nominations can also be submitted in scanned soft-copy electronic format to firstname.lastname@example.org before 4:00pm Tuesday 16 August 2022.
Please note: nomination forms submitted via soft copy will take longer to be processed. Please note: no physical copies of nomination forms will be accepted. You must complete a separate nomination form for each position for which you are nominating.
Nominee Student Cards
Nominees must submit a scanned copy/photo of their current student card with their nomination form.
Photographs and Statements
Nominees may submit a policy statement and a photograph of themselves for publication.
Policy statements and photographs are to be submitted via Microsoft Word document only and forwarded to email@example.com by the close of nominations (4:00pm Tuesday 16 August 2022).
For the election, policy statements must not exceed:
- 400 words for teams
- 200 words for all positions
Short Digital video clips may also be submitted and must not exceed:
- 3 minutes for a team
- 90 seconds for individual candidates
Election Regulations and Constitution
The rules governing the elections are set out in the RUSU Constitution and RUSU Regulations. These documents are available on the RUSU website.
Application to Register Name of Electoral Teams
Applications to register an electoral team closed at 5:00pm on Sunday 14 August 2022.
Please find the Notice of Registered Teams here.
Polling will be conducted from 9:00am Monday 5 September 2022 until 1:00pm Friday 9 September 2022 via a link sent to eligible students’ RMIT email addresses.
Returning Officer firstname.lastname@example.org 0417 613 866 1 August 2022
0417 613 866
1 August 2022